What Personal Information Is Collected Through This Website and How Is It Used?
User-supplied information: If you fill out the contact form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). We only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information that you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe as described below.
By submitting a telephone number to us you agree that a representative of Brochu Law PLLC can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our services.
By calling Brochu Law PLLC through click-to-call buttons on websites or search engines such as Google, you agree that we and/or our marketing partners may monitor and/or record your call.
Web server logs: When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our website. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the website, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the website;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our website;
- the pages you viewed on the website; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. However, if you prefer, you can set your browser to either notify you when you receive a cookie, or to refuse to accept cookies. You should understand that some features of the website may not function properly if you don’t accept cookies.
We do use flash cookies on our website. Flash cookies are small pieces of information stored and accessed by Adobe Flash. If you want to disable these flash cookies, you’ll need to open up the Adobe Settings Manager, accessible either by right-clicking flash content and clicking “Global Settings,” or by navigating directly to your storage settings through the Flash Website. There you can clear some or all of your flash cookies manually through the Website Storage panel, or even turn off Flash Storage completely. However, please remember this could prevent some parts of our website from working properly.
How Is Personal Information Protected?
We take commercially suitable security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent to us electronically on our website, and transmission of information is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Who Has Access to The Information? Who is the Information Disclosed To?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to third parties, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information that you provided to us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Accessing Third Party Websites Through Our Website
By accessing third party websites through our website, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. If we provide a link to a third-party website, we are doing so as a convenience only, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our website is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our website, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age. No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifiable information or Sensitive Information, on our website. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our website. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
How Can I Correct, Amend, or Delete My Personal Information and/or Unsubscribe from Future Communications?
You may contact us or unsubscribe from any future communications from us at any time. Use the contact form on our website or contact us at the telephone number, address or e-mail address below at any time to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- unsubscribe from future communications from us.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s Shine the Light law. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following: firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-201-1771.
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
- to know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed, and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties, a list of categories of information that are sold; or, to know that your personal information has not been sold;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information, if your information is sold (click here for more information on “Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-in Rights”);
- to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months (click here for more information on “Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights) ;
- to request that your personal information be deleted (click here for more information on “Deletion Request Rights”); and
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at 904-201-1771 or email@example.com. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
- Contact Form – https://brochulaw.com/contact
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 904-201-1771